Interactive Zone Update
CHRC's series of web sites on Careers in Culture just got better with a new revised version of Interactive Zone: opening windows on careers in the exciting and fast moving Digital Media industry!
If you have a creative mind and an interest in technologies, a career in Digital Media could be for you. The demand for skilled workers in the Digital Media industry is growing. The opportunities are challenging and varied.
Aimed at students on the cusp of important career choices, and following the familiar format of the other Careers in Culture booklets, Interactive Zone:
- provides an overview of and information on the DM industry;
- covers "What you need to know" and "What you need to do" for a career in the DM industry;
- challenges with fun and insightful interactive features such as the Curiosity Checklist;
- includes testimonials and descriptions of "what DM people do";
- reviews the job opportunities and the labour market of tomorrow;
- reminds DM workers of their rights under DM copyright know how;
- suggests career routes and education;
- and much more!
Enter the Interactive Zone
Interactive Zone also provides solid practical tips on writing cover letters for job applications, presenting resumés, and doing interviews.
Students and teachers alike will find Interactive Zone and the other 7 web sites in the Careers in Culture series, to be invaluable resources.
The Cultural Human Resources Council (CHRC) is a not-for-profit organization committed to strengthening the Canadian cultural workforce by providing leadership and innovative solutions to human resource issues and to better the HR environment within the cultural sector.
For further information contact:
613-562-1535, ext. 22
These projects received funding from the Government of Canada's Sector Council Program.